Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Beaulieu 4008ZMII for sale

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Alex, The Leicina Special has an interchangeable lens mount (m-mount) And while I am at it, the Bolex H-8 (modified) and Pathe Double Super 8 cameras have interchangeable C-mount turrets.

  2. #12
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Thanks for the info!

    Hey Mike, we feel your angst, what's the latest (or am I just nosey!)

    -Alex

  3. #13
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    So, what finally happened?

    -Alex

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, Alex...

    I battled with FedEx for months over this because FedEx apparently thought the camera wasn't worth as much as I said it is. Finally, I showed them a quote I got for a replacement from Super8Sound (I know, the most expensive place to buy a Beaulieu from, but that served my purposes just fine!), and they have only now sent me a check for the measely $500 I insured it for. Oh, I did threaten to take them to small claims court here in Alabama, so that may have had something to do with the resolution.

    You should have seen the final letter I sent to FedEx. It was a classic! ;-)

    Anyway, Irv Higdon has the camera in California now for repairs. He found plenty wrong with it inside, so it wasn't just the lens that was broken. Anyway, it's gonna cost me about $550 to get it back to 100 percent, so that'll only leave me $50 in the hole when it's over. Now it's time for me to send Mr. Higdon some money...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •